Isn’t it strange that sometimes (or maybe all the time) we think we know it all? How can we say that when even Paul, the one who was shipwrecked, who was imprisoned for his faith, who wrote at least 1/3 of the books in the new testament and this same Paul said in Phil 3:12-13 “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.” And we think we have already arrived. We think we know God so well and all. PLEASE. Excuse me ah, you think you are greater than Paul? Well, think again.
As I evaluate myself, I think some things I do, have pretty sound intentions and my motives might be right but yet, the method might not be. (A friend would know what I am talking about exactly.) and I think I know it all just because of some experiences I went thru. But is that true? In a general sense for things that happen in life? I don’t think so. So i pray that all my actions will really be motivated by love.
God placed in my heart a prayer during the YA prayer today: before we pray for revival for the other young adults, before we pray for those who strayed away, lets check our hearts. Do we have the “them” vs “us” mentality? Do we think that just because we are leaders that we are “above” them? And I prayed: “God as a leadership group, we really don’t know it all. And we ask you to humble us.” And that prayer lingers in my heart tonight. I pray that we will first desire to dwell in His presence. I pray that we will know what it means to have His presence everywhere we go. I pray that we will understand the intensity of what we are praying. Prayer is not fruitless. It does not just end after that one hour. Prayer is how God reveals to us what we ought to do. because we really do not know it all. because God is really the one whom we need to lead and guide us. And as I begin to understand more and more of who He is, I begin to learn what it means when we say “Prayer changes things”. This phrase means that we gain new perspectives, it means we are convicted to acting on what God reveals thru prayers, it means we learn to do things God does and it means we partner with God to see our prayer answered. It might not mean the situation changes, but it might mean that our perspective of the situation changes and we begin to see things in a clearer view. Of course there’s so much more to prayer, endless to talk about. I haven’t learnt enough yet, really- but I yearn to discover more of the mysteries of prayer. And through praying and acting out my prayers, I want what Paul said he wanted, “to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.” (Phil 3:10-11)
More on prayer another time…
Knowing You Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing
You’re my all, You’re the best,
You’re my joy my righteousness
And I love You Lord
Friday, January 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment