Well, I have been thinking. A friend told me last weekend that there is nothing wrong with thinking deeply. Yes, there is nothing wrong with that. Just that if I think TOO much, I might worry over nothing. Well, I went over to grandma’s this evening, (she stays in the same block as me for those who don’t know) and brought dinner over. I love my grandma. She is 86 this year and she is still healthily walking, (though with aches and pains here and there) telling me the latest news and is in tune with the Chinese serials that I am so out of touch with. Last year, grandma started going to a nearby church with my parents. She asked for a bible recently but well, has yet to receive Christ. About two months ago, we heard that she decided to remove the alter cupboard, ancestral tablet and alter she has at home coz she was re-painting her place. Wah, I tell you, I was so happy. But much to my disappointment, she only removed the josssticks alter in the kitchen. She still has this ancestral tablet where she will put josssticks to respect my granddad and her ancestors. I was really disappointed, but I learnt to be thankful that she is taking small steps towards salvation. At least the alter in the kitchen is removed.
But today, I went over and along the way I was just thinking of asking her how church was. When I reached there, she candidly showed me this nian gao that was goblet-shaped and was just laughing at how it is so hard and has no fragrance at all. So I asked her what she bought it for. “bai4 bai4 gei3 ah gong de4.” And my heart sank. I was really quite upset. We have been praying for her for many years, and her going to church now is really encouraging but “when will she receive YOU, Lord?” I was walking home and God, in His still small voice comforted me, “My child, I will do that work in her life, be patient.” Faith. Then, I was reminded of something I read this morning.
Faith is not believing that God is able to do something. Faith is believing that He will do it. And oh Lord, help me believe that it will come to pass! “If you love her so much Lord, let the Holy Spirit convict her! You can do it, can’t you?” being so human, that was my prayer. But as I pondered, God reminded me, “Faith is believing in what is unseen.” And although I cant see grandma’s salvation yet, I want to believe that she will be saved. Because of this faith, I will not give up in my intercession. Because of this faith, I will not give up doing good deeds for her. Because of this faith, I know my God is and will be faithful. God makes everything beautiful in His time, and His work will be completed in grandma’s life. All I have to do is be faithful in my prayers and action of love in her life. This is what Leonard Ravenhill writes in his book Revival Prayer, “The light bulb for us Christians is prayer, and God has the power. But it is faith that makes the connection!” How true it is! So this, I commit into Your hands. I trust You Lord.
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment