Well, there are only 2 things on my mind now. One, why am I not feeling sleepy at 1240am. (Which of course is the least important question) and two, balancing the word of God (truth) and the Spirit of God in my life. I am afraid that I might go to the extreme of either side. Being “Spirit-led” cannot, or rather, should not exist without being “word-based” and vice versa. So my point is, there both have to exist together and be balanced.
Walking on a tight rope. Balancing with arms flung out. Wobbles. A look of apprehension. Take slow but small steps. How steady are the movements? One step. Two. Three. Whoops, loses balance. Gets on the rope again. This time shifting a bit more to the right. The balance feels better. Steadier steps. Stops at the centre. Will I make it through? Shifts a little. I think it’s time to move again, shouldn’t stop too long. One, two, three, four, five steps…… a look of satisfaction on the face. Smiles.
This is how I think a discovery of a Christian walk might be like. Of course this is far too simplified. But yeah, I think the questions I am asking now and the issues that God has been speaking to me about is comparable to walking on a tight rope and trying to balance. I have questions, I can be cynical at times, I get disappointed and well, not all my questions are answer but still, I will pick myself up and continue walking on that tight rope, cause at the end I KNOW, that I will be satisfied. The steps will get steadier, the confidence will increase and the faith will arise. One thing I can count on- a FAITHFUL GOD. And I know that I as I continue walking and seeking to glorify Him that the satisfaction will come because, as John Piper puts it so perfectly, “We are most satisfied when God is most glorified in us.” So the challenge for me is plain but yet so difficult: To apply the word of God in my life through the leading of the Holy Spirit. And often the word of God is so so sharp, it we are sensitive enough, we realize that the intensity of the verses we read is so great. Perhaps we are afraid to get pierced, but I will hesitate no more, pierce me if it will, because this piercing is to build me up. So my prayer is that God will see me through as I make His word living and active in my life.
Actually I have a 3rd thought. Of late, I have been feeling like a weeping prophet. Why? And more importantly, why me? I am still asking God and I believe He will reveal in due time. Well, sigh, actually maybe I do know the answer, but just refuse to embrace it.
Isn’t it funny how God seems to have kept quiet for so long then suddenly it all comes rushing in? This time it's a tidal wave, maybe next time it will be a tsunami. WAH, i can't imagine when THAT happens. It's a love-hate feeling. ha.
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Very heartfelt. Exactly what I;ve been thinking abt these few days - abt how to apply God's word in our lives and move by the Spirit at the same time. Come to think of it, they are not separate entities. They work together. Let's work on it yah, to find that balance.
Thanks for the word! Wow!!
U might have heard me say this before. After the Youth Camp, I was talking to some youth and they were talking about how great the camp had been and how they felt the presense of God. After that they shared about their personal problem and their reaction towards it is as if their revival that happened in the camp didn't affect their lives. I encouraged them not to serperate their spiritual lives from their everyday lives. In fact they all work together and affect each part. Yes, the balance: Word of God + Empowerment of the Spirit = Renewed Life in Christ.
i'm glad i am not alone in this.smiles.let's build each other up and remind each other of wat it means to live a renewed life yah? :)
Post a Comment