Friday, June 09, 2006

agonizers

Sitting in my office, with my earphones on, I am able to slip into my own world while still being aware of my surroundings. I thank God that today I have some time to myself because it has been a slow day, and my work really only starts at 730pm. Since I started placement, I guess it has been a struggle waking up early to spend time with God, although I have made attempts to on quite a number of days. Some days I just can’t wake up, just too knocked out. However, the times that I share with God are precious ones. Along the way home, reading devotionals and every little snippet of word from Him I cling on to. And although perhaps this is not the ideal, but I enjoy these times with Him. What do you deem as quiet time? Is it only a set time and space? Yes, I believe we should spend time with God behind closed doors, but we must remember that we are able to go through every moment of our lives, walk through the day together with Him, being sensitive to the voice of God and practicing His presence everywhere we go.

I just read a devotional during my lunch break about prayer. Leonard Ravenhill has inspired me in more ways than one, this is what he wrote,

The place of prayer is more than a dumping ground for all our anxieties, frets, and fears. The place of prayer is not a place to drop a shopping list before the throne of a God with endless supplies and limitless power.
I believe the place of prayer is not only a place where I lose my burdens, but also a place where I get a burden. He shares my burden and I share His burden. "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." To know that burden, we must hear the voice of the Spirit. To hear that voice, we must be still and know that He is God.”


Amazing. I am truly inspired by this man of God whose heart is sold out to the Lord. I want the heart of this man as well. That heart of prayer that is so unceasing yet an extremely humble man. Are we agonizing in prayer, going on our knees and desiring to see God move in our land today? The more I type this, I more I wished I was at home, that I can have a private space to go down on my knees in prayer! My heart’s desire is that R-age is a place where our young people will be agonizers in prayer for their loved ones, for their campus, for the ministry and for their land. I don’t think this is too big a request to make. Will YOU join me in prayer?

No comments: